Thursday, August 18, 2011

Let's get back to the re-naming, shall we?

I am honored, humbled, encouraged by the quality and quantity of feedback that I have received for my first posting in over a year and a half.  Many heartfelt thank yous to everyone who took precious time out of their lives to help me!

Every time I sign in, however, the name that I chose for my blog when I created it stares at me and challenges me to come up with a more appropriate moniker. 

"Undecided" reflects so much of where I was and how I was feeling at that time.  I knew I wanted to start posting, but was not able to come up with a good title for the blog.  "Undecided" was meant to be temporary.  A placeholder.  I was hoping that I would come up with a better title as I worked on my Martha Stewart posts.  I figured that my creative endeavors would unlock my muse from her fortress of solitude and she would whisper in my ear, giving me the perfect word, phrase, expression.

This is as difficult for me as choosing wall paint colors.  (Read: torturous.)  

I want the title to be charming, simple, memorable, clever, meaningful.  In my head I am reviewing what is most important and meaningful in my life.  I have considered using a reference to a favorite band, movie or book, but have dismissed that idea because those were created by other people.  What is MOST important to me?  That's easy.  My family.  My husband and daughter are the Center of My Universe.  Maybe I could use a version of one of our pet names for each other, or a reference to one of our long-running private jokes. 

I will continue to ponder this and come back to it, but right now my lunch break is ending and I must get back to making the doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment